Geek of All Trades (Roland and Morgan)
(Oct. 2010 to Feb. 2011)
- Geek Of All Trades #101: And So It Begins
- Geek Of All Trades #102: War of the Worlds tribute
- Geek Of All Trades #103: Mega Legend of Assassins
- Geek Of All Trades #104: 2010 Legacy
- Geek Of All Trades #105: Waxing Philosophical
- Geek Of All Trades #106: A Rant Once And For All
(Jun. 2009 to Mar. 2012)
Inspired by Wizard magazine’s occasional “cast the movie” section, this podcast was about casting the movie versions of things (with occasional breaks in format, such as the CSI show or the gender-flip Star Trek show). Discontinued once it got to the point where the hassle of getting a panel together was greater than the fun had while recording (which was quite a bit). Note: If you really do miss the Casting Game, there’s a video series on Blip called The Blockbuster Buster, and every month or so he does a “Casting Couch” episode which is similar in tone to The Casting Game, only he does all the casting himself and just asks for feedback in the comments section. – Arkle
- Episode #1: Star Trek New Frontier
- Episode #2: Chasing the Bard
- Announcing the Winner of the Star Trek New Frontier Casting Game
- Announcing the Winner of the Chasing The Bard Casting Game
- Episode #3: Remake of The Last Starfighter
- A Special Bonus Episode of The Casting Game
- Announcing the Winner of the The Last Starfighter Casting Game
- Episode #4: Morevi
- Announcing the Winner of the Morevi Casting Game
- Episode #5: The Takeover
- Announcing the Winner of the Takeover Casting Game
- Episode #6: Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Announcing the Winner of the Next Generation Casting Game
- Episode #7: The Crystal Shard (Icewind Dale Trilogy Book 1)
- Announcing the Winner of the Crystal Shard Casting Game
- Episode #8: Scouts
- Announcing the Winner of the Scouts Casting Game
- Episode #9: CSI 4
- Announcing the Winner of the CSI 4 Casting Game
- Episode #10: Green Arrow: Quiver
- Announcing the Winner of the Green Arrow: Quiver Casting Game
- Episode #11: Blake’s 7
- Announcing the Winner of the Blake’s 7 Casting Game
- Episode #12: Babylon 5
- Announcing the Winner of the Babylon 5 Casting Game
- Episode #13: Murder At Avedon Hill
- Announcing the Winner of the Murder at Avedon Hill Casting Game
- Episode #14: Gender-flipped Star Trek: The Original Series
- Announcing the Winner of the Gender flipped Star Trek Casting Game
- Episode #15: Order of the Stick
- Announcing the winner of the Order of the Stick Casting Game, plus saying goodbye to the Casting Game
Geek of All Trades (Arkle)
(Jul. 2008 to Oct. 2010)
A nearly identical format to MILF & Cookies, but on a bi-weekly schedule instead of the prior’s weekly. I stepped down after 52 episodes (a full year’s worth had it been a weekly series) to focus on trying to do more Casting Game episodes, and to focus on my new weekly Gilmore Girls podcast, as well as to get my Mom & Step-Father into the world of podcasting.
A list is not included here, so just click on the title to get the episodes. Between the episodes split into two (A & B), the several Bonus episodes, and the “Music Of” episodes, the list here would dwarf all the others. The only show that will have a longer list when it ends will be Gilmore Girls Re-watch, but at least there I’ll have the option to separate them by seasons. – Arkle
The MILF & Cookies Podcast
(Feb. 2008 to Jun. 2008, at milfandcookies.mypodcast.com; no logo)
My first podcast, started on the suggestion of the hosts of the now defunct Dragon Page 3-D podcast in late 2007. The title was chosen solely for it’s pun value, but listeners pointed out to me something I’d failed to realize in development; that the title would turn off many potential listeners, especially those of the female persuasion. – Arkle
- Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 – Episode 0: Get a better microphone you idiot!
- Friday, Feb 08, 2008 – Episode 0b: Oy to the vey
- In which our illustrious host (well, our host anyway) bitches & moans about bagel stores and on-line stores, tells people something he forgot to say before, says “what the hell” a lot, and pauses way too many times.
- Friday, Feb 15, 2008 – Episode 0c: Real men watch Gilmore Girls
- Missing bags, kitties, free plugs, movie recommendations and a promise that will probably come back to bite me in the ass before the month is out.
- Saturday, Feb 16, 2008 – Episode 0d: Kitties, ads, and videos. Oh my!
- In which our illustrious host says a nasty word, gets clawed, has a sudden raise in vocal pitch, and plugs his first ever YouTube video.
- Saturday, Feb 23, 2008 – Episode 0e: The Last Preshow Show
- In which our illustrious host gets -A- cherry popped, gets clawed, gets a job, and improves his editing skills; somewhat.
- Sunday, Feb 24, 2008 – M&CP Special 2: The Outro
- Wednesday, Feb 27, 2008 – Episode 1: In Omnia Paratus!
- In which our illustrious host screams at Nader, talks about an Irish racing horse, changes a few planned segments on the fly, and puts his editing skills to the ultimate test.
- Sunday, Mar 09, 2008 – Episode 2: Screw it, I’m going weekly
- In which our illustrious host makes a wildly inappropriate joke less than 2 minutes in, makes an announcement regarding the podcast’s schedule, talks about the last movie he saw, talks about school podcasting, and writing, apologizes to his Dad, and goes on a 7 minutes rant about Hillary Clinton.
- Wednesday, Mar 12, 2008 – Episode 3: Heaven Season 4, March 19th
- In which our illustrious host spits up a lung promoting somebody else’s work.
- Wednesday, Mar 12, 2008 – M&CP Special: Apologies
- In which our illustrious host explains why there were 4 versions of the same episode in the feed today.
- Wednesday, Mar 19, 2008 – Episode 4: Spring Forward Into Madness
- In which our illustrious talks about the Elliot Spitzer case, plays a song that was supposed to be on last week’s show, acknowledges the passing of Arthur C. Clarke, and makes an announcement regarding Episode 5.
- Wednesday, Apr 02, 2008 – Episode 5: God-less America, Land That I Love
- In which our illustrious host manages to offend Christians, Jews, the makers of Axe body spray, anyone named Nancy, Demi Moore & Angelina Jolie, all before the first promo. He also makes an announcement regarding the podcast’s May schedule.
- Wednesday, Apr 09, 2008 – Episode 6: Click now or forever hold your piece.
- In which our illustrious host waxes philosophical about the pervasiveness of Internet songs, steals a joke from Dubshack, ponders why some people who should be fired are allowed to quit first, and FINALLY gets to his essay; not necessarily in that order. Oh, and he also has a VERY special guest. 🙂 Oh, and my sound quality dips dramatically about 20 minutes in for no apparent reason. The mic is fine, Audacity was running at normal, I don’t know what caused it. Let’s hope it’s not permanent.
- Wednesday, Apr 16, 2008 – Episode 7: Mamma I möchte bumsen und Plätzchen
- In which our illustrious host talks about the perils of pre-recorded shows, tells people not to trust him, plays a cover of an obscure song from 10 years ago, calls the kettle black, bashes Scientology without apology, gets embarrassed by one of the Colorado news stories, and rambles on for a bit before mercifully ending the show.
- Wednesday, Apr 23, 2008 – Episode 8: Arklepoint Media
- In which our illustrious host gets meta, and whines about the weather.
- Wednesday, Apr 30, 2008 – Episode 9: Arkle 2.0 is here. Arkle 2.0 is everywhere!
- In which our illustrious host dedicates the show to the forthcoming short story podcast collection 7th Son Obsidian.
- Wednesday, May 21, 2008 – Episode 10: The Doom Generation is the worst movie ever!
- In which our illustrious host returns to the podosphere (triumphantly perhaps?), talks about the future of the show a little bit, then goes off on a tear about a movie so horrible it makes Battlefield Earth look like Casablanca.
- Wednesday, May 28, 2008 – Episode 11: The Doom Generation is STILL the worst movie ever!
- In which our illustrious host intros a new intro and outro, whines about WordPress, plays a couple of voicemails from Tosus, once again tears Scientology a new asshole, quotes Einstein, rates the new Indiana Jones movie, talks a bit about school, pimps Idiocracy, and waxes philosophical about the word fuck.
- Wednesday, Jun 04, 2008 – Episode 12: T minus 3
- In which our illustrious host whines about WordPress (again), blasts Michelle Malkin, talks Hugo Awards, plays someone else’s interview, discusses the critiques of one Trucker Overdrive, and makes a special announcement with regards to the future of this show.
- Wednesday, Jun 11, 2008 – Episode 13: Stuntcast (T Minus 2)
- In which our illustrious host is joined by special guests Mark Kilfoil and Soccergirl, discusses some potential running mates for Barack Obama, plays the promo for his newest project, and announces that he has been bitten by the Twitter-bug.
- Wednesday, Jun 18, 2008 – Episode 14: BSG WTF?! (T Minus 1)
- In which our illustrious host podcasts under the influence of cold medicine, reflects a little on impeachment, talks about The Incredible Hulk & Charmed (yeah, THAT Charmed), and reflects a little more on impeachment.
- Wednesday, Jun 25, 2008 – Episode 15: Ave Atque Vale, MILF & Cookies Podcast (T Minus 0. LAST SHOW!)
- In which our illustrious host says goodbye to one show (and hello to another, ’cause he’s nuts), bitches about the Associated Press, plays a sad song, talks about George Carlin, gives a spoiler-free review of Get Smart, and hopes for a better podcast to come out of this experience. (Note: This is the only show for which the audio is available.)