NOTE: THIS PAGE IS STILL A DRAFT.
Lessons and Challenges
Emblems: Each emblem is earned in three stages, Sentinel, Warden and Page. Each stage is signified by the colour of the sash (yellow for Sentinel, Orange for Warden, Red for Page). An emblem is earned by completing a series of challenges aimed at promoting awareness of our values and beliefs.
- To earn your Sentinel emblems, you must complete 4 of the Sentinel level challenges
- To earn your Warden level emblem complete 4 more Sentinel challenges and 6 Warden level challenges
- To earn your Page emblems complete all remaining Sentinel and Warden level challenges and prepare a presentation to the group on something new you have learned in your training.
Note to Parents/Group Leaders: If one or more of the following challenges are not possible due to geographical, physical, or other limitations, please feel free to substitute a challenge that you feel will achieve the same results.
- 1st Precept: Know Thyself.
- 2nd Precept: Nurture the ability to perceive the truth in all matters.
- 3rd Precept: You create your own reality.
- 4th Precept: Develop a sense of Right Action.
- 5th Precept: Do not be negligent, even in trifling matters.
- 6th Precept: Your body is your temple: Care for it!
- 7th Precept: Minimal appearance, maximum content.
- 8th Precept: Perceive that which cannot be seen with the eye.
- 9th Precept: Power with.
- 10th Precept: Who dares wins.
- 11th Precept: The Gods cannot help those who will not help themselves.
- 12th Precept: Be creative.
- 13th Precept: Do not engage in useless activity.
- Special emblems
- Joining the Circle (5)
- Salute OHA Banner
- OHA Promise
- (Pledge of Allegiance?)
- Business (10)
- Dismissing the Circle
Martial Arts Activity (10)