[Originally part of Morgan’s Reality Check]
This page will always be a work in progress. If you notice any dead or changed links, or have any suggested additions or comments, please contact me. [ed note: Or not, since this is an archive :-)]
Religious News & Politics
- Pagan Unity Campaign Political Action Committee (was paganunitycampaign.org, now defunct)
- Pagans Fighting Religious Discrimination!
- RELIGIOUS INTOLERANCE IN THE NEWS
- The Seattle Times: We’ve now witnessed religion’s best and worst (now in paid archives only)
- Verbal assaults against Pagans and others by Fundamentalist Christian leaders
- WiccaNet: The home of Wicca & Wiccans on the web (wiccanet.com gone)
- Witches’ League for Public Awareness (was at celticcrow.com)
- Our Freedom: A Pagan Civil Rights Coalition (archived)
(the intolerant kind who throw false “facts” in our faces)
- The Federalist Papers
- Sacrifices of our Founding Fathers (originally to keelynet.com/4th99.htm, link now to Snopes)
- The Bible
- Men, Women, And Gods
- WOMEN IN THE BIBLE
- 1797 Treaty With Tripoli by Gene Garman
- The Founding Fathers Were NOT Christians — Yes, I know, some of them were. But some weren’t.
- Bible Fallacies 101
- A Christian speaks of Wicca and Witchcraft
- Christianity’s History and Heritage
- The Pledge of Allegiance – A Short History
- Great Seal of the United States – A Message from America’s Founders
- U.S. national mottos: History and constitutionality
- Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson mouthing off (on snopes.com, ref. to remarks on 2001-09-13)
- This one speaks for itself. I would, however like to highlight this comment: If Mr. Robertson truly didn’t understand Mr. Falwell’s remarks, one has to wonder why he responded to them by saying “I concur totally” and then elaborating on the remarks he supposedly hadn’t understood.
- Christian Reconstructionists Launch “Operation Potomac” (Feminist Daily News Wire, 2001-10-12)
- This is a move to have government adopt “Christian Reconstructionist ideology,” which included “liberal application of the death penalty for crimes including homosexuality, abortion, adultery, child disobedience, and witchcraft.”
- “Exorcizing Religion: Why morality is all we’ve got” (Jonah Goldberg on National Review Online, 2001-10-19)
- “In short, Americans are very respectful of private faith as long as it doesn’t result in behavior which conflicts with public morality. This mixture of religious pluralism and moral consensus is one of the things that makes America great. Believe whatever you want, as long as you behave the right way.” The way that denies some couples the same legal rights and options as others because of their genders? The way that denies Native Americans the use of peyote in their religious ceremonies?
- “God, country gain fragile new toehold” (Kathleen Parker on USAToday, 2001-11-01)
- “If we’re to win this war — sure to last into our children’s futures — we have to reweave the rituals of God and country into our institutions.” Yes, but who’s God? Who’s rituals? And what about the rest of us? There are many good rebuttals to this on the American Atheists site.